Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. (4C) is the Training Coordinating Agency (TCA) for Circuits 9 & 18 for the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF). Education provides state-mandated training to child care providers in Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
Summer Camp Requirements
If you or your organization is in the process of establishing a Summer camp, whether it’s a day camp or 24-hour camp offering recreational, educational or other enrichment programs to children 5 years of age (on or before Sept. 1) and older, you must comply with Chapter 409.175 and 435, of the Florida Statutes. To protect our children, the Florida Statutes/law requires all summer camp personnel to be screened, including owners, operators, employees, and volunteers that provide summer care for children. Volunteers providing less than 10 hours of service per month do not need to be screened, as long as they are always within sight of a person who meets the screening requirement. For more information, click here
Safe Sleep/Shaken Baby Syndrome Training
All child care personnel, including substitutes and volunteers, who work in a facility that offers care to infants must have training regarding guidance on safe sleep practices, preventing shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma; recognition of signs and symptoms of shaken baby syndrome and abuse head trauma; strategies for coping with crying, fussing, or distraught child and the development and vulnerabilities of the brain in infancy in early childhood within 30 days of hire at the facility. For child care personnel, including substitutes and volunteers, to satisfy this requirement the training must be accomplished through one of following methods: the department’s Health Safety and Nutrition course, Safe Sleep course, or the Early Learning Florida’s Safe Sleep Practices. Documentation of training must be maintained on the department’s training transcript in the child care personnel record.
To learn more about The Safe Sleep Campaign, click here
To login to the DCF Child Care Training System, click here
4C’s Education Department is located at:
3500 W. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32808
Click on this link Florida DCF Training & Credentialing to review the required training classes and hours needed to work in a Family Home Child Care or Child Care Center/Facility.
4C state-mandated training fact sheets:
- 40-hour Child Care Center/Facility training courses
- 30-hour Family Home Child Care training courses
- Child Care Director Credential and Renewal Application
DCF fact sheets
- Child Care Facility – English | Spanish
- Child Care Licensing Overview – English | Spanish
- Child Care Training Course Descriptions – English
- Child Care Training Overview – English | Spanish
Prices for the instructor-led classes which includes the book conducted by 4C:
- Five-hour classes $35
- Six-hour classes $35
- Eight-hour classes $55
- Ten-hour classes $55
For information on the latest DCF Training Classes, please refer to our Calendar on our Home Page by clicking here.
- On-Site Training: Interested in having training at your center? Adult chairs, tables, a TV/VCR, and 15-20 people are required. For more details please call (407) 532-4264 or (407) 532-4373. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
- Entrenamiento en Español: Llame al (407) 532-4373. Por favor, incluya su nombre, numero de telefono y el nombre de la clase en la que interesada. Su nombre sera agregado a la lista.
Child Care Training Competency Examinations are administered statewide. Details are available at myflorida.com/childcare. Exams may be taken once without training by calling the Child Care Training Information Center at 1-888-352-2842 and request to register for exemption exams. To enroll for a competency exam, log in to the Child Care Training Portal and select “Competency Exam Enroll/Unenroll” on the Personal Menu.
To register for courses on Florida’s Child Care Training System, click here. If you are not registered on the system, select “Click here to register as a new user” at the top of that page. For more help on that page, click on the “CCTA Training Portal Help Video” button in the middle of the page.
- Make-Ups: There are NO make-up classes for instructor led classes. Any missed class must be paid in full again. Online classes must be completed within 45 days. If not completed within 45 days, the class must be paid for again.
- *Non-English Speaking Clients: We make every effort to accommodate non-English speaking customers. You are advised to bring a translator if you need translation. To register for courses on Florida’s Child Care Training System, click here.
- *Clientes Que No Hablan Ingles: Nosotros hacemos todos los esfuerzos para complazer a clientes que no hablan Ingles, pero no siempre tenemos peronal bilingue disponible. Le aconsejamos traer su traductor.
If you need special accommodations in order to participate in the child care training process, contact the Education Department at least two weeks prior to the first training date at (407) 532-4264 between the hours of 8am-4:30pm. Calls will be received Monday through Friday.
DCF Certificates can be printed by going to the link myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “View Transcript “, then under Personal Menu click “My Student Information and Transcript” and choose “Print My Certificate Tab”. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. You may download it for free by going to www.adobe.com/acrobat. If you do not have access to print your certificate, 4C will print it for a $7.00 fee per certificate.
Transcripts can be printed by going to myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “View Transcript”.
Payment may be made by going on to the DCF website at myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “Training & Credentialing” then click “View Transcript,” then under “Personal Menu” click “Pay for Courses/Exams.”
PayPal: Payment with credit, debit, or a checking account can be done by visiting www.paypal.com and send the money to email@example.com.
Transfer: A fee of $5.00 will be charged to TRANSFER from either instructor or online classes. The fee must be paid in the form of a money order or by visiting www.paypal.com. Send money to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Fees may vary according to the training provider offering the state mandated classes. Fees are posted when registering for the instructor-led classes for the individual training provider on the web site myflorida.com/childcare.*
Money Order: You may bring a money order ONLY to our office at 4C to pay for classes and exams. For exams, you may bring a money order the day of the exam. Money orders must be made payable to Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. You are NOT enrolled and may NOT attend class or begin online training if your fee is NOT paid prior to start of the first class. There are NO REFUNDS for exams/classes or online trainings. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!
Mail: You may mail in your payment fee for Exams and/or Classes to:
Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. (4C)
Attn: Education Department
3500 W. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32808