Education and training is a key component to becoming an early childhood education provider. Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. (4C) is the Training Coordinating Agency (TCA) for Circuits 9 & 18 for the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF). We provide state-mandated training and competency exams to child care providers in Brevard, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties to promote the further education of teachers and other educational professionals.
To login to the DCF Child Care Training System, click here
4C’s Education Department is located at
3500 W. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32808
Training Classes (English or Spanish)
Click on Florida DCF Training & Credentialing to review the required training classes and hours needed to work in a Family Home Child Care or Child Care Center/Facility. 4C state-mandated training fact sheets:
- 40-hour Child Care Center/Facility training courses
- 30-hour Family Home Child Care training courses
- Child Care Director Credential and Renewal Application
Florida Department of Children and Families fact sheets
- Child Care Facility – English | Spanish
- Child Care Licensing Overview – English | Spanish
- Child Care Training Course Descriptions – English
- Child Care Training Overview – English | Spanish
Prices for the instructor-led classes which includes the book conducted by 4C:
- Five-hour classes $35
- Six-hour classes $35
- Eight-hour classes $55
- Ten-hour classes $55
For information on the latest DCF Training Classes, please refer to our Calendar on our Home Page by clicking here.
Types of Training
- On-Site Training: Interested in having training at your center? Adult chairs, tables, a TV/VCR, and 15-20 people are required. For more details please call (407) 532-4264 or (407) 532-4373. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
- Entrenamiento en Español: Llame al (407) 532-4373. Por favor, incluya su nombre, numero de telefono y el nombre de la clase en la que interesada. Su nombre sera agregado a la lista.
Child Care Training Competency Examinations are administered statewide. Details are available at myflorida.com/childcare. Exams may be taken once without training by calling the Child Care Training Information Center at 1-888-352-2842 and request to register for exemption exams. To enroll for a competency exam, log in to the Child Care Training Portal and select “Competency Exam Enroll/Unenroll” on the Personal Menu.
To register for courses on Florida’s Child Care Training System, click here. If you are not registered on the system, select “Click here to register as a new user” at the top of that page. For more help on that page, click on the “CCTA Training Portal Help Video” button in the middle of the page.
- Make-Ups: There are NO make-up classes for instructor-led classes. Any missed class must be paid in full again. Online classes must be completed within 45 days. If not completed within 45 days, the class must be paid for again.
- *Non-English Speaking Clients: We make every effort to accommodate non-English speaking customers. You are advised to bring a translator if you need translation. To register for courses on Florida’s Child Care Training System, click here.
- *Clientes Que No Hablan Ingles: Nosotroshacemos todos los esfuerzos para complazer a clientes que no hablan Ingles, pero no siempre tenemos peronal bilingue disponible. Le aconsejamos traer su traductor.
Special Accommodations If you need special accommodations in order to participate in the child care training process, contact the Education Department at least two weeks prior to the first training date at (407) 532-4264 between the hours of 8am-4:30 p.m. Calls will be received Monday through Friday.
Certificates DCF Certificates can be printed by going to the link myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “View Transcript “, then under Personal Menu click “My Student Information and Transcript” and choose “Print My Certificate Tab”. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. You may download it for free by going to www.adobe.com/acrobat. If you do not have access to print your certificate, 4C will print it for a $7 fee per certificate.
Transcripts Transcripts can be printed by going to myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “View Transcript.”
Payment may be made by going on to the DCF website at myflorida.com/childcare. Click on “Training & Credentialing” then click “View Transcript,” then under “Personal Menu” click “Pay for Courses/Exams.”
PayPal: Payment with credit, debit, or a checking account can be done by visiting www.paypal.com and send the money to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer: A fee of $5 will be charged to TRANSFER from either instructor or online classes. The fee must be paid in the form of a money order or by visiting www.paypal.com. Send money to email@example.com. *Fees may vary according to the training provider offering the state mandated classes. Fees are posted when registering for the instructor-led classes for the individual training provider on the web site myflorida.com/childcare.*
Money Order: You may bring a money order ONLY to our office at 4C to pay for classes and exams. For exams, you may bring a money order the day of the exam. Money orders must be made payable to Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. You are NOT enrolled and may NOT attend class or begin online training if your fee is NOT paid prior to start of the first class. There are NO REFUNDS for exams/classes or online trainings. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!
Mail: You may mail in your payment fee for Exams and/or Classes to:
Community Coordinated Care for Children, Inc. (4C)
Attn: Education Department
3500 W. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32808