Are you looking to become an integral part of a Nationally Accredited Organization that helps to improve the lives of families with young children? Join our Team and help us to continue our compassionate quest to provide high quality services to children and families throughout Florida.
ABOUT US: Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
JOB TITLE: TEACHER ASSISTANT
LOCATION: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
DEPARTMENT: Head Start/Early Head Start
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides services to Head Start children and families in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards Child care work involving assisting the Teacher in working with young children and families to develop their cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Teacher in the implementation of the daily curriculum and activities.
- Ensures classroom plans and activities are carried out in the absence of the Teacher.
- Assists the Teacher with ensuring compliance with child outcomes, State of Florida Early Childhood standards, Head Start Performance Standards, and the goals & objectives of the current Head Start curriculum.
- Assists the Teacher in maintaining classroom records, progress reports, accident reports and other necessary documentation.
- Assists in developing lesson plans.
- Assists with developing instructional materials and teaching aids.
- Assists with the selection of teaching materials to meet individual needs of children.
- In conjunction with the Teacher, develops and carries out plans for at least one day per week.
- Assists in development of each child’s education plan.
- Models physical activities to children.
- Works with the Teacher to conduct home visits and parent meetings.
- Encourages parent involvement in the Head Start program, both in the classroom and in the home. Identifies and reports child abuse cases. Assists in organizing classroom volunteers.
- Attends all pre-service and in-service training programs and other mandatory trainings.
- Seeks in-kind (donated time, services, products, cash) for the program and ensure in-kind is documented accurately and timely.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of acceptable equivalency diploma required; some college courses in early childhood education preferred. Must possess a current preschool CDA certification or equivalent. Successful completion of a standardized early childhood and development skills and knowledge based assessment is also required. One (1) year experience working directly with preschool children. Must be able to obtain at least fifteen (15) clock hours of certified training per year.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must enroll in the State mandated 45-hour module for child care within the first 90 days of employment. Must complete within timeframe given upon hire. Certify in CPR and First Aid.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to gain knowledge of early childhood growth and development and age-appropriate activities.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations in childcare.
- Ability to gain knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and Head Start Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to receive and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, and control anger, even in difficult situations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, parents, volunteers and community representatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
PAY RANGE: $12.79 with Excellent Benefits
PAY GRADE: 55
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities