JOB TITLE: Student Services Specialist/Child Care Training Exam Proctor (Part-Time Up to 29 Hours)
LOCATION: Orange County
Provides clerical assistance in support of all contract activities associated with the Department of Children and Families Child Care System for the District. Assist with training opportunities provided by the Agency. Responsible for monitoring the Department of Children & Families Competency Exams according to the “Proctor’s Guide for Child Care Training Exams”. This position provides administrative support in the Education Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for customer assistance to individuals via phone, Internet or on-site and technical support to training providers as requested.
- Collects and prepares data for entry, compiles reports and drafts letters for instructors, agendas, and other materials. Maintains class files, creates correspondence, memoranda, emails, and other documents for DCF at the direction of the Child Care Training Coordinator.
- Assists with registration, schedules and collects fees for classes and enters into DCF system and agency tracking system.
- Assigns class numbers, reviews status DCF district classes and updates as necessary and schedules trainings. Maintains class cancellations in DCF system.
- Assists with set-up/breakdown for classes including preparation of supplies and materials for instructors; scanning exams; and, proctoring exams as needed.
- Creates training calendars; class schedules; records attendance; maintains cancellation folder and paraprofessional database for agency classes as needed.
- Assist Training Exam Assistant in preparing testing packages, storage, and packing for all testing sites
- Photocopies exams and course material as needed
- Assist in all child care proctoring duties as needed, outlined, and designated in the Proctor’s Guide
- Arrives at the exam site at the required time (always prior to the start of the exam).
- Ensures students are properly seated at the correct table tent with the correct exam.
- Times and monitors the actual exam as specified in the Proctor’s Guide.
- Assists in collecting exams from students upon exam completion.
- Assists in setting up and returning tables and chairs to the prior set-up per facility guidelines.
- Attends all mandatory proctor trainings and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate’s Degree in Education or a related field.
- Experience working with confidential information/ materials. Monitoring experience preferred.
- Experience in any kind of instructional activity preferred.
PAY RATE: $12.83/ hour
PAY GRADE: 7
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability