JOB TITLE: SITE SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
SUPERVISES: Teacher I, Teacher II, Teacher III, Teacher Assistant and Volunteers, Interns
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of operations at assigned Head Start and Early Head Start (HS/EHS) sites. Must assure all Head Start Performance Standards, DCF Guidelines, 4C HS/EHS policies and procedures, and VPK state requirements are followed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides supervision to all assigned staff and volunteers including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, termination and complaint resolution. Creates work schedules and arranges for substitutes when needed. Develops assigned staff through mentoring, coaching, implementing and maintaining Individual Professional Development (IPD) Plan.
- Ensures Head Start Performance Standards are implemented and maintained at all assigned sites. This is conducted through observation, monitoring, and implementation of corrective actions. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulation as well as Agency requirements. Annually, arranges for health, fire, and Department of Children and Families (DCF) inspections and submits application for facility licensing renewal.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of screenings, evaluations, assessments, as well as the recording of assessments using Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Complies with licensing requirements including postings, submitting required documents, fire inspections and drills.
- Oversees the health and safety of assigned location(s), staff, and children.
- Ensures meal counts are recorded accurately, matches attendance, and are submitted timely.
- Recruits eligible children into Head Start, including children with disabilities.
- Monitors assigned sites progress toward school readiness through monthly review of reports created with Teaching Strategies GOLD.
- Substitutes in classrooms when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in leadership techniques, customer service and the coordination of people and resources. Specific knowledge in Early Childhood Education and local resources for families and children.
- Ability to handle complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, and negotiates with others.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, database and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to supervise and train staff.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or closely related field.
- Two (2) years business experience in a preschool environment.
- Two (2) years supervisory/management experience required or two (2) years supervisory management experience in a preschool environment.
- Experience with multi-cultural and disabled groups.
SALARY: $43,215.12 Annually
PAY GRADE: 59
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability