JOB TITLE: SENIOR INFANT & TODDLER EDUCATION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FL *Travel required in the tri-county area
DEPARTMENT: Early Head Start/Child Care Partnership/Expansion
SUPERVISES: Education Specialist
Supports the Early Head Start, CCP, and Expansion Program by planning, administering, and overseeing the required Program for Education Services are delivered to children and families in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards. Responsible for all aspects of classroom and education program requirements, including Head Start staff training. Supervises four (4) Education Specialist.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates with other area specialists in the screening process to identify children who may have developmental concerns. Reviews screening results and utilizes data for the purpose of monitoring children’s progress.
- Develops, updates, and oversees the implementation of an Education Plan. Coordinates the activities of the Education service area with the Early Childhood Development and Health Services team.
- Obtains and/or maintains the current certification as a CLASS reliable observer. Conducts regular CLASS observations and uses data to train and developed stronger teaching teams with improved results.
- Confers regularly with area specialists concerning learning concerns. Recommends and models appropriate strategies of behavior modification that will promote learning.
- Assists the ECD Coordinator with the preparation and expenditure of budget as it relates to their area.
- Participates in the staffing process by reviewing files of children and families to determine their individual needs and to arrange for intervention services.
- Conducts training needs assessment, serves as an advisor to the Teaching staff for career development, and enrolls staff in designated training when needed. May provide training.
- Acts as a Substitute Teacher in classroom as needed.
- Provides supervision, training and technical assistance, and direction to Education Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations in child care.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in problem solving and organization.
- Ability to interact with young children.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and make concise, accurate reports and recommendations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience with infants and toddlers.
- One (1) year supervisory experience in Early Childhood or one (1) years’ experience as a HS/EHS Education Specialist.
- Experience with multi-cultural and disabled children.
- CLASS reliable observer preferred.
PAY GRADE: 60
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability