JOB TITLE: SENIOR FAMILY ADVOCATE
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY
SUPERVISES: FAMILY ADVOCATES
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Supervises ten to thirteen (10-13) Family Advocates in assigned counties. Provides services to Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) families in compliance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS). Carries out goals, policies and activities designed to implement social service and parent involvement objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides supervision, training and technical assistance, and direction to assigned Family Advocates.
- Assists the ERSEA Coordinator in the training, mentoring and professional development of new Family Advocate staff.
- Collects documents to verify eligibility of children of all Head Start/Early Head Start programs, including children with disabilities.
- Coordinates enrollment activities between HS/EHS and EHS-CCP and 4C School Readiness
- Maintains a waitlist that has more applications than vacancies in the program by working with applicable staff to create and develop an ongoing recruitment plan for all HS/EHS programs.
- Provides information and opportunities for parents to access community involvement activities and interests.
- Organizes and initiates parent committee meetings at assigned HS/EHS and EHS-CCP provider sites.
- Makes referrals to families on issues related to the child or his/her family. Assists parents in arranging transportation to appointments at various social or medical agencies.
- Maintains all case management files for individual children and families. Ensures entire application process for each assigned child and family enrolled in HS/EHS/EHS-CCP is completed accurately and on a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and databases, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate the Internet. Ability to gain knowledge of the Child Plus software application.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a bachelor’s degree in social, human, or family services or a related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Early Childhood program, social work or case management.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience in an Early Childhood or Social Services program. Or Three (3) years’ experience as a HS/EHS Family Advocate.
- Local travel required. Ability to travel in/out of state for training as needed.
SALARY: $39,083 Annually
PAY GRADE: 10
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability