Updated resources and outreach tools are now available to help you align your local Child Abuse Prevention Month activities with the Children’s Bureau’s national campaign.
Visit the 2020 National Child Abuse Prevention website and use the free videos, sample social media posts, and new shareable graphics to help raise child abuse prevention awareness.
Support strong and thriving families by incorporating these free resources into your Child Abuse Prevention Month activities:
- Explore the new multimedia gallery and listen to the podcast series or watch videos that highlight the importance of community-based prevention programs.
- Browse the tip sheets and share this information with a parent or caregiver.
- Engage with families using ideas from our activity calendars.
- Educate yourself and others about the impact of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- Test your knowledge of protective factors with our Protective Factors in Practice vignettes.
Use these materials—full of strengths-based strategies—in your community to get an early start on your Child Abuse Prevention Month planning.
Don’t forget to order the 2019/2020 Prevention Resource Guide for a more in depth look at strengthening and building resiliency in families using a protective factors framework.