JOB TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Administrative and management work coordinating and overseeing operations at all Head Start/Early Head Start/Child Care Partnership HS/EHS/CCP subcontracting sites. Responsible for ensuring that contractual obligations are carried out and that sites comply with all Head Start Performance Standards, with all applicable local and state childcare regulations, and with all 4C Policies and Procedures applicable to HS/EHS/CCP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors contracted facilities (childcare centers and family childcare homes) to ensure compliance.
- Provides ongoing guidance, training, and training recommendations to contracted facility Directors/Owners in interpreting and implementing HS/EHS/CCP requirements.
- Works with contracted facility Directors/Owners to approve hiring of subcontracted teaching staff.
- Develops Professional Development Plans for all HS/EHS/CCP subcontracted instructional staff.
- Conducts health and safety monitoring and inspections of all subcontracted facilities.
- Ensures that fire and severe weather drills are conducted at the required intervals and that they are appropriately documented.
- Conducts playground audits to ensure the safety of the children. Participates in any playground improvement/construction to ensure OSHA requirements are met.
- Audit staff personnel files and children files on-site and at subcontracted provider sites to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Reports and documents non-compliance issues to the Quality Assurance Coordinator and assists in developing plans to address areas of non-compliance
- Maintains a record-keeping system to document the activities and progress of the contracted facilities.
- Analyzes program data to create reports that help in the program improvement plan process.
- Participates in the assessment and improvement of program quality using the Infant /Toddler Environment Rating Scale – Revised Edition, or other agency approved tool.
- In conjunction with other HS/EHS/CCP personnel, monitors the ChildPlus data system to ensure that follow up services are provided in a timely manner in compliance with Performance Standards and contract requirements.
- Oversees the implementation of the program’s Self-Assessment and supports the implementation of the Community Assessment.
- Helps to plan and implement the program’s pre-service and in-service trainings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development,
Social Work, Human Services, Health, Public or Business Administration or closely related field.
- Four (4) years’ experience in regulations compliance and/or enforcement, quality assurance or in an early childhood classroom environment, preferably in a management or Director role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of early childhood growth, development, and education. Knowledge in ECE and child care facilities. Knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations in early child care. Ability to understand and apply best practices of Active Supervision of children in a classroom environment. Ability to gain knowledge and to implement the requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards, 4C Head Start Policies and Procedures, and language in the 2007 Head Start Act applicable to Early Head Start. Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Ability to navigate the Internet. Ability to gain knowledge of the ChildPlus database system. Ability to demonstrate skill in problem solving, time management, documentation, organization, and teamwork. Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate Agency information effectively to other staff and outside representatives and to represent Agency positively in the community. Ability to work under pressure while remaining professional and exhibiting a positive attitude. Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills
Ability to work and communicate effectively with facility Directors, teachers, parents, children, and other personnel. Ability to meet deadlines, prepare detailed reports, and maintain documentation. Ability to work independently. Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals, customers and co-workers including people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels within and outside the Agency.
PAY GRADE: 10
Apply Online or email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability