The Florida Office of Early Learning’s Child Care Resource and Referral Program (CCR&R) was selected by Child Care Aware of America (CCAoA) to receive a grant to promote family engagement through Florida’s family child care (FCC) providers. The three-year grant will provide information and resources for CCR&R to partner with FCC providers to:
- Build awareness of early brain science and brain-building tools among FCC professionals.
- Develop resources in partnership with CCAoA to support learning and family engagement in FCC homes.
- Integrate the latest brain science and brain-building resources into family engagement strategies for FCC providers.
- Share ways the FCC programs can engage families to support daily brain-building activities for their children.
- Share best practices for engaging and supporting FCC providers through conversations, presentations, training, etc.
- Promote the unique contribution of family child care providers to Florida’s children and their families.
This grant will enhance CCR&R’s outreach to FCC programs and families. The materials developed as a result of this grant will become part of existing CCR&R services and outreach.