ABOUT US: Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
JOB TITLE: NCF Teen Services Specialist (Englewood)
DEPARTMENT: Orange County NCF
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Oversee the delivery of a comprehensive teen program in assigned school that includes educational support, personal and group counseling, and prevention programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, plan, and implement teen program objectives consistent with the program goals and mission.
- Ensure daily activities are provided in accordance with program plan.
- Encourage participation by teens in a variety of activities and areas. Provide instruction and constructive feedback to develop their skills in these areas.
- Organizes and initiate activities that insure the health and safety of teen participants
- Evaluate the teen program on a continual basis with designated school staff to ensure program is responsive to teen members.
- Ensure accurate data input, tracking and reporting to meet program standards as outlined in the grant to include activities and events held; a breakdown of daily participation figures; notable achievements; and any concerns/complaints.
- Participate in collaborative meetings, school activities of participants, and other Agency or NCF activities asassigned.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to gain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to demonstrate abilities in problem solving and organization.
- Ability and skills to lead groups of teens. Knowledge and understanding of group dynamics.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college with an AA Degree, with courses in social, human or family services or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a social service organization, community collaborative, or related organization working with teens.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Must meet criteria for background screening as required for child care personnel in child care licensing regulations.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation to and from work and for travel to off-site locations.
SALARY RANGE: $14.61/ hr.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off
PAY GRADE: 7
APPLICATIONS/RESUMES: Apply Online or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 8/15/2019
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability