ABOUT US: Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
JOB TITLE: NCF ESOL Instructor (Oak Ridge)
DEPARTMENT: CCC NCF
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide ESOL instruction and related community outreach to families in assigned areas. Work is performed in a linguistically and culturally sensitive manner in an effort to foster economic and social self-sufficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and implements procedures to assess and expedite applicant’s requests for assistance and care in the form of information, referrals and general assistance.
- Utilize an approved curriculum to teach English classes to speakers of other languages.
- Maintains accurate case files. Tracks attendance and ensures program data is input timely into designated database for accurate reporting. May generate and review standard reports.
- Performs community outreach activities and participates in NCF community events.
- Prepares and submits NCF Quarterly Reports.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program, Safety program and other Agency initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondences.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge and fluency of the Spanish language.
- Knowledge of assigned curriculum.
- Knowledge and the ability to perform accepted teaching techniques.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and databases, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate the Internet. Ability to gain knowledge of the Child Plus software application.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to gain knowledge of eligibility criteria for applicants.
- Ability to gain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to demonstrate abilities in problem solving and organization.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in English, Social Work, Human or Family services or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year teaching ESOL.
- TESOL Certification preferred.
SALARY RANGE: $17.22 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off
PAY GRADE: 9
APPLICATIONS/RESUMES: Apply Online or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 8/15/2019
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability