JOB TITLE: IT ASSISTANT
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Maintains computer systems, copiers, and printers for the organization. Coordinates office relocations. Maintains the IT storage room and inventory of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides customer service and work order resolution for agency computers. Assists with training, repairs, data security/confidentiality, and answering user questions related to these machines, including travel to off-site locations, when needed. Coordinates, as assigned, with Agency staff.
- As directed, sets up equipment for employee use. Ensures proper installation of Ethernet wiring, cables, operating systems, and software.
- Troubleshoots and maintains network copiers, including scanning functions, and printers. Maintains stocks of copier/printer ink and requests replenishments through standard procurement processes. Coordinates copier repair and supply orders with service vendor.
- Coordinates employee reassignment/relocations of computer, printer, and peripheral equipment, maintaining inventory and transfer documentation. Coordinates scheduling of move with Support Services and management of employee’s department.
- Accepts arriving IT orders, completes inventory tag process, and coordinates disposal of outdated equipment. Completes IT inventory transfer and disposal paperwork according to Agency procedures. Maintains the IT storage room.
- Assists with work orders regarding conference room technology.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Demonstrate auditory, verbal, and visual capabilities. Electronic equipment, copiers, printers, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite*:
- Ability to demonstrate skill in: Troubleshooting a variety of computer hardware and software. Effective analytical skills for evaluating problems to make concise reports and request assistance needed for problem resolution.
- Ability to organize and plan efficiently. Demonstrate skill in time management and to meet deadlines. Manage more than one task and stay focused on completing workload priorities within deadlines. Work on and off-site with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one (1) year of coursework at an accredited community college towards an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. Graduation with an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year experience maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals.
- Six (6) months experience or equivalent training in customer service preferred.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications).
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreat
Salary: $12.83 an hour
PAY GRADE: 6
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability