Are you looking to become an integral part of a Nationally Accredited Organization that helps to improve the lives of families with young children? Join our Team and help us to continue our compassionate quest to provide high quality services to children and families throughout Florida.
ABOUT US: Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION SPECIALIST III
OFFICE: ORLANDO, FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT: FAS – CHILD CARE FOOD PROGRAM
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Advanced clerical work by supporting the department tasks including but not limited to record retention, reporting, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews all aspects of the CCFP including preparation of documentation prior to review, analyzing, and evaluating documentation (in Fox Pro and Minute Menu) for compliance with CCFP audit requirements and assist with the training of centers and family childcare homes.
- Answers incoming calls, makes proper transfers, places outgoing calls as well as inter-office calls as required. Furnishes information to the public.
- Makes and prepares data for entry on reports (in Fox pro and Minute Menu), case records, form letters, invoices, agendas, contracts or other material.
- Gathers information from various sources (including Fox Pro and Minute Menu) to use or for use by others in answering correspondence or preparing reports.
- Types and initiates correspondence, memoranda, reports, contracts and other documents.
- Maintains files in working order and on a current basis so that the material is readily available to users. This may include copying, record retrieval and storage, or other routine record keeping.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondences.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to gain knowledge of Federal, state and local rules/ regulations for the program.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and other professionals at outside agencies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to operate common office equipment, including a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet and database software (MSWord, MS Excel). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency Diploma. Additional job-related training or education, preferred.
- Three (3) years experience performing clerical duties.
* Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and daily access to reliable transportation to and from work, for agency errands and for travel to other 4C locations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to enter data at a prescribed rate of speed.
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 10 lbs.
- May be required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Office environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
- The ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or qualitative productivity standards.
- The ability to maintain reasonably, regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Compliance with all personnel policies of the Agency.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
SALARY RANGE: $12.83
PAY GRADE: 6
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability