JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FL
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Manage all recruiting functions related to the Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) programs. Responsible for monitoring and tracking training and individual job requirements, leaves of absences and assisting in the administration of the Human Resources office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the recruiting function for Head Start and Early Head Start positions in accordance with Head Start Federal Regulations and Performance Standards
- Advertises internally and externally. Works with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Collects, screens applications and resumes, interviews applicants via telephone to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
- Coordinates formal interview with HS/EHS management team, Policy Council representatives, other applicable staff, and available parent volunteers.
- Responsible for preparing new hire documents for selected candidate including but not limited to documented reference checks, conditional job offer, drug-free workplace testing, medical examinations, background screenings and completion of other necessary correspondence.
- Facilitate new hire HS/EHS Orientation and other training as necessary.
- Prepare and extract monthly reports from HR database with regard to recruitment, training, and job requirement functions for HS/EHS.
- Coordinate with DCF, Education Specialist, and other applicable HS/EHS staff to monitor and reconcile required trainings for each employee against actual training completed.
- Collaborate with Education Specialist to maintain and monitor employee records and Agency resources.
- Maintain and monitor current record of TB tests, Physicals, CDA renewals, CPR and First Aid. Communicate upcoming deadlines of job requirements to employees via certified mail and via email to management
- Complies with, monitors, and processes all medical leave, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), personal and military leave requests. Processes and tracks all requests to ensure compliance with Agency policies and all other external laws, statutes, and regulations
- Maintains personnel files to ensure the files are kept in order and contain all required documents.
- May audit staff personnel files including off-site employee files to ensure compliance and consistency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, in order to prepare and read documents and correspondences.
- Ability to understand and apply technical recruitment information and keep accurate records.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in carrying out job functions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and Human Resources database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited -four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources function, including recruiting.
SALARY: $39,083 Annually
PAY GRADE: 10
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability