The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a community resource that offers free tax preparation service run by volunteers for individuals and families throughout Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties.
VITA offers free tax help to those who make $73,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their tax returns.
Benefits of Filing Your Taxes with VITA
Volunteers are IRS-certified: Our volunteers are trained and certified annually by the IRS to accurately prepare our neighbors’ taxes.
Save the dollars you earned: Our VITA volunteers want to help you save the dollars our community members earned by providing this service for free. Instead of paying to file their taxes, the dollars people save filing with VITA can go toward food, rent, and other basic needs.
Take advantage of available tax credits: VITA also provides essential information to verify whether you are eligible for any tax credits, including the federal Earned Income Tax Credit to help maximize tax refunds.
Here are the required documents you will need:
- Valid photo ID
- Copy of your previous year’s tax return, if available
- Social security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for you, your spouse, and any children born before prior to the end of last year
- Income documentation, including W-2 forms for all jobs held during the past year, and any 1099 forms showing other income for the year
- Expense documentation, including property tax statements, education expenses, child care receipt statements, mileage, etc.
- Bank account information (including routing and account numbers) or a blank check for direct deposit, if applicable
- Forms 1095 – A, B, and C Health Coverage Statement
- Filled out Form 13614-C
Note: Additional documentation may be required.
To make an appointment, click here.