JOB TITLE: FINANCE ANALYST
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FLORIDA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Coordinates and manages fiscal functions for assigned areas. Manages monitors and maintains the budget process. Performs financial analysis, and ensures compliance with programs’ fiscal requirements (Child Care Partnerships/Expansion).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors the assigned program(s) budget on a daily basis and projects trends.
- Prepares the monthly budget to actual financial statements for assigned program(s) and distributes to applicable program staff once approved by supervisor. Maintains the daily financial reports showing up-to-date balances
- Analyzes general ledger accounts to determine variances and to ensure accounts are charge properly. Works with program management and Accounts Payable to ensure proper accounting for encumbered items.
- Prepares, analyzes and updates monthly programs’ forecast spreadsheets, cash match sources forecast, Non-Federal Share forecast and specific contracts’ forecast.
- Works with assigned program(s)’ Director to facilitate monthly reviews of financial statements.
- Assists in preparing and conducting training to the Policy Council on budgets and the budget process.
- Prepares all federal reports timely and accurately for assigned program(s). This includes but is not limited to quarterly SF-425 Cash Transaction Reports, SF-425 Federal Transaction Reports, Annual Reports.
- Works with programs’ Director in the preparation of the annual Refunding Applications using the Grant Application Budget Instrument (GABI); COLA Application as requested by the Region IV Office and any Supplemental Applications. Responsible for budget preparation, budget narrative, and completing and submitting all required budget forms.
- Prepares and provides training for the monthly allocation spreadsheet based on Personnel Activity Sheets (PAS).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure in preparing proposal budgets.
- Ability to gain a minimum knowledge base of federal financial guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of computers, computer software including intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, financial databases software, and the Internet.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form to disseminate financial information in a manner understandable to staff and volunteers, and with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of experience in an accounting role, with budget maintenance experience a plus.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications)
- Office environment. Various work locations as instructed. May be required to work an occasional night or weekend. Office and off-site work. Ability to travel in/out of state for extended periods.
SALARY: $20.86 an hour
PAY GRADE: 11
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability