JOB TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT SPECIALIST I
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA
Work in determining eligibility and enrollment services for families seeking/receiving child care assistance and ancillary services, including consultation and resource and referral services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arranges resources and provides referrals to child care options and subsidy program for families with young children.
- Responsible for ensuring program requirements are met by collecting, verifying, evaluating, input and tracking all source documentation/information needed to determine initial and/or continuing eligibility.
- Enrolls eligible participants in appropriate programs that ensure the efficient receipt of school readiness child care assistance/services
- Communicates and works to ensure full understanding of program eligibility requirements, rights and responsibilities to all participants. Explains parental choice and helps participants work towards maintain/gain self-sufficiency.
- Assesses program participants’ individual/family needs, makes referrals including child care options, manages family case notes and, as needed serves as advocate/facilitator for with other community organizations. Provides consultation, customized referrals, follow-up and updating of designated families and child care providers.
- Communicates with child care providers regarding child enrollment, attendance, eligibility and adherence to co-payment schedules for school readiness (and other child care services).
- Works cooperatively with staff from referring agencies to ensure necessary services are provided to families in line with contract outcomes, timelines and/or required deadlines. Stays current with eligibility requirements and revisions to eligibility/enrollment procedures.
- Prepares reports, keeps records of assigned cases, and makes recommendations for revisions to service delivery activities in order to improve quality and/or efficiencies.
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical procedures and software systems such as MS Word, Excel, data entry, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
- Interviewing, communication techniques and, basic arithmetic.
- Evaluate relevant information and use critical thinking and problem solving skills to manage customer needs and to determine compliance with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Deal with difficult or angry people effectively while maintaining professional composure.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment and meet deadlines as required.
- Operate a personal computer, navigate the Internet and learn custom database software.
- Work and communicate using speaking, hearing and vision skills with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field.
- One (1) year experience working in social services.
SALARY RANGE: $32,261 Annually
PAY GRADE: 8
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability