JOB TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT CLERK
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Conducts specialized clerical work in support of child eligibility and enrollment services. Provides detailed information to both internal and external customers/staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers incoming calls, furnishes information (as appropriate) to public, redirects inquiries and completes call/facsimiles transfers as needed. Sets, confirms and registers program participants for needed appointments.
- Collects reviews and assesses program participants’ needs using information/documentation as required. Enters information into data and/or scanning systems. Includes but is not limited to items for reports, case records, form letters, zero balance notices, consumer education and other materials.
- Tracks, records and facilitates program participant activities including but not limited to enrollment sessions, distribution/collection of correspondence, returned mail and other documents. Communicates all changes in information to the appropriate persons per Agency policies.
- May order and/or gather supplies/materials and deliver to program areas.
- May assist at community outreach events.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administrative/clerical/office practices, procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other related skill sets/terminology.
- Ability to:
- Operate personal computer and common office equipment. Knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Navigate the Internet.
- Gain knowledge of all areas of the Agency.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- Understand and follow oral/written instructions, and use good judgment and initiative in performance of duties.
- Communicate with people both internally and externally representing the organization to customers, the public, and other sources. Communication includes good verbal, written and listening writing skills..
- To work/communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
- May be required to demonstrate ability to type at the rate of 35 correct WPM.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- One (1) year experience in performing clerical duties.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Highly Preferred.
Salary Range: $10.60
Pay Grade: 4
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability