JOB TITLE: FAMILY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA
Work involving consultation and resource and referral services to families with young children. Responsible for assisting the CCR&R Coordinator in creating and maintaining effective and efficient systems to support the delivery of “front door” services and information to families, child care providers, and the community. Including but not limited to: providing information regarding child care services, providing guidance on choosing quality child care programs and/or referring individuals and families to appropriate social service agencies in compliance with 4C and the ELC’s policies and procedures as required by Florida’s Office of Early Learning and other funding entities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with the administration, coordination, and/or service delivery of Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) services, including: child care listings, consumer education, and information regarding community resources, to families applying for or requesting CCR&R, School Readiness, or VPK program services.
- Arranges resources and provides referrals to child care options and subsidy programs for families with young children. Actively engages parents in responding to all their needs by including more referral services to our partner community resource agencies.
- Maintains paperwork, electronic files, and other reports to document service provisions. Prepares reports, keeps records of assigned cases, and makes recommendations for revisions to service delivery activities in order to improve quality and/or efficiencies.
- Knowledgeable of CCR&R program requirements, VPK eligibility requirements, and basic School Readiness eligibility requirements. Reviews and approves School Readiness applications received through the Early Learning Family Portal;
- Works cooperatively with staff from referring agencies to ensure necessary services are provided to families in line with contract outcomes, timelines and/or required deadlines.
- Represents 4C and the Early Learning Coalition to the public or other agencies as requested. Participates in community outreach to increase awareness of CCR&R services through involvement at community events and participating in community partnerships.
- Performs other work-related duties as needed or as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with regard to client information.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field preferred and One (1) year experience in child development or child care field. OR Associate’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field and Five (5) years in the child development or child care field Experience and ability to work with adult learners and diverse client populations. Experience working with families and child care providers preferred. Experience in customer service and counseling/helping field preferred. Experience in call-center setting preferred. Must be able to obtain and maintain Child Care Resource & Referral certification through the Office of Early Learning (OEL) within four (4) months of obtaining position.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
Salary: $32,261.00 annually
PAY GRADE: 8
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability