JOB TITLE: FAMILY ADVOCATE
LOCATION: Orange County, Florida
Provides services to Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) families in compliance with the Performance Standards. Carries out goals, policies and activities designed to implement social service and parent involvement objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collects documents to verify eligibility of children for the HS/EHS/EHS-CCP programs, including children with disabilities. Assists parents in completing original enrollment applications when needed.
- Coordinates enrollment activities between EHS-CCP and 4C School Readiness
- Maintains a waitlist that has more applications than vacancies in the program by working with applicable staff to create and develop an ongoing recruitment plan for EHS-CCP.
- Acts as the liaison between EHS and all sub-contracted locations
- Provides information and opportunities for parents to access community involvement activities and interests
- Organizes and initiates parent committee meetings at assigned HS/EHS and EHS-CCP provider sites. Attends parent committee meetings.
- Makes referrals to families on issues related to the child or his/her family. Follows-up with family in a timely manner. Receives disabilities and pre-referral request documentation from teaching staff and sends to Site Supervisor for determination.
- Schedules and completes home visits. Completes classroom visits weekly to assigned classrooms. Follows procedures to maintain full enrollment.
- Assists parents in arranging transportation to appointments at various social or medical agencies.
- Maintains all case management files for individual children and families. Ensures entire application process for each assigned child and family enrolled in HS/EHS/EHS-CCP is completed accurately and on a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to gain knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and HS/EHS Policies and Procedures, to include the Active Supervision of children.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and databases, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An associate’s degree with 12 college credit hours in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Early Childhood program, social work, or case management.
PAY RATE: $14.36 an hour
PAY GRADE: 7
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability