JOB TITLE: FACILITIES MANAGER
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FLORIDA
SUPERVISES: Service Personnel II
Oversight for all 4C facilities including: 3500 W. Colonial Dr., 2234 and 2220 E Irlo Bronson; all Head Start/Early Head Start classrooms in Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties, NCF offices in Orange County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, coordinates and manages all aspects of facilities maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, landscape, pest control including but not limited to building/leased facilities. Responsible for the hiring, supervision, evaluation and termination of assigned staff.
- Working knowledge of DCF licensing and childcare regulations.
- Develops, monitors, and updates goals and objectives for assigned staff.
- Observes and reviews work of staff to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, rules, and/or regulations.
- Ensures that the Agency is in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the annual update of departmental policies and/or procedures.
- Participates directly in the work of facility and safety inspections, securing details of specialized information, coordinating office work and providing information regarding the services and operation to the HS/EHS Director. Conducts fire drills twice a year.
- Vendor management – liaison with vendors for HVAC, pest control, electrical, plumbing, janitorial and other needs as required. Facilitate timely engagement of vendors/contractors as necessary and appropriate. Manages the RFP process as it relates to facilities.
- Creates and maintains a computerized Work Order system, an Inventory and Distribution of Consumable Supplies system, and a Preventative Maintenance Schedule for both facilities and vehicles. Provides training to the users of these systems/schedules. Places orders for and maintains electronic inventory of all consumable supplies.
- Prepares monthly reports for including Monthly Management Reports, Inventory, Preventative Maintenance Schedules, and Repair and Maintenance status reports. Reviews reports with HS/EHS Director weekly or as often as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must be capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written information, including precise data and terminology. Ability to make concise, accurate reports and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, and negotiate with others.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Daily access to reliable transportation to and from work and for travel to off-site locations. There is an expectation that approximately 50% of time will be spent in the field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in facilities management or related field, required.
- Six (6) years’ experience in administration, including supervisory experience.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- General Contractor’s license preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and various equipment as necessary to complete the daily duties of the role.
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds in various forms.
- Office environment. May be exposed occasionally to outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to travel locally and within the state.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
SALARY RANGE: $59,322.00 Annually
PAY GRADE: 14
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability