JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING SPECIALIST
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides Early Intervention Services and support to child care providers, children, and their families to assist with the early identification of potential developmental concerns that may affect school readiness. Services may include developmental screening, hearing and vision screening, training and technical assistance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for meeting contractual requirements as specified by funders.
- Provides training and technical assistance, including on-site consultations, to child care providers as needed regarding use of approved screening tools and ancillary activities.
- Assists child care providers/parents in addressing developmental and behavioral concerns of children by interpreting screening results, assisting with the creation of Individual Learning Plans, (ILP), offering age- appropriate activities, providing information, referrals and follow-up on children needing further evaluation.
- Responsible for timely data entry/reporting within established guidelines. Maintains accurate information, data, and documentation of all services given to child care providers, children, and parents.
- Accountable for communication and follow-up with child care providers/parents including, but not limited to the maintenance of children’s records, t he receipt and understanding of screening results and referrals provided, data collection, and reporting.
- Assists in peer reviews to ensure program standards, clarity and completeness of documentation and compliance with contracts is met.
- Communicates all changes in child care provider information to the appropriate persons per existing Agency policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of child development and parenting issues of special needs populations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Basic knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to demonstrate active listening skills. Ability to prepare reports and maintain documentation. Ability to collaborate and cooperate with outside community services and agencies.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to assist in the facilitation, goal setting, motivation/support, and creative problem-solving processes. Ability to work/ communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels. Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelors Degree in early childhood education, social work, special education, psychology, counseling, or related field required. One (1) year experience in early childhood service setting.
- Educational screening experience preferred.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
Salary: $32,261 Annually
PAY GRADE: 8
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability