JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING ASSISTANT
PAY GRADE: 6
DEPARTMENT: Orange County
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Screening Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Assists with the completion of the mandated screening process as required by current School Readiness contracts, assists with Inclusion, and completing all other contract and program goals of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists Early Childhood Screening Specialists with child care provider contacts which may include, but is not limited to, phone calls, setting appointments, mailings, drop-off and pick-up of materials to the extent needed to reach required developmental goals.
- Responsible for follow-up of children no longer attending the center identified by records. Includes review of tracking and other available resources for new placement if new placement is identified.
- Prepares parent resource materials for mailings to parents and providers.
- Coordinates data collection and reporting of program results. Assists in preparing required reports.
- Maintains paper and electronic records of all children served by department.
- Verifies existing permissions and obtains as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, assists with creation of and revision of new or existing written materials, data entry and other keyboarding needs of the program.
- Responsible for communicating new provider educational and other needs to Early Intervention Specialist.
- Follow-up on referrals as requested by the Early Intervention Specialists.
- Maintains all resource files utilized by early Intervention to include copying, restocking, and updating.
- Communicates any provider informational changes to appropriate persons per existing agency policy including the completion of any needed paperwork.
- Assists in peer reviews to ensure program standards, clarity, and completeness of documentation, and compliance with contracts. Assists with special events, community presentation and other promotional activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the Agency, program terminology, and the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work/ communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years experience in performing clerical duties. And one (1) year of customer service experience.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
SALARY RANGE: $12.83
PAY GRADE: 6
or email email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability