The Florida Division of Early Learning is proud to announce the release of several new online courses and resources. Based on the newly revised Florida Professional Developmental Standards and Key Competencies, the courses, and the online Key Competencies Resource Tab create a framework and common language for professional development and serve as a standard for decisions and practices carried out by early learning professionals.
The key competencies include expectations across a continuum of training, education, and experience, ranging from the entry-level educator to educators with degrees, certifications, and extensive experience.
The courses are five hours each with an embedded assessment. CEUs are available once the embedded assessment is successfully completed. This information will be documented on the Florida Early Childhood Professional Development Registry—Child Care Training System training transcript.
The cost is $10 for each course and participants can register through the Florida Early Childhood Professional Development Registry.
The following courses and resources are now available:
- Online Florida Standards and Key Competencies Tab (free resource)
- Florida Core Competencies for Early Childhood Educators
- Florida Core Competencies for Directors and Administrators
- Florida Core Competencies for Afterschool Educators
- Preventing Expulsion and Suspension in Early Childhood Programs
Please address your questions to Oel.Questions@oel.myflorida.com or call 850-717-8550.