Here’s important information from the Florida Department Children and Families specific to Clearinghouse Renewals.
Per Florida Statute, retained fingerprints must be renewed every five years in order to maintain eligibility for employment. To maintain the retention of fingerprints within the Clearinghouse, the employer must request a Clearinghouse Renewal through the Clearinghouse Results website (CRW) prior to the retained prints expiration date.
By initiating a Clearinghouse Renewal through the CRW, the current fingerprints retained on file at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement will be resent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation allowing for an updated criminal history to be processed by the Clearinghouse.
If the employer does not initiate a Clearinghouse Renewal, an employee’s prints will no longer be retained, the employee’s eligibility determination will expire, and the employee must be re-fingerprinted at a Livescan Service Provider at an increased cost to comply with background screening requirements.
Providers may initiate a Clearinghouse Renewal 60 days before the Retained Prints’ Expiration Date is reached. If the Clearinghouse Renewal is not initiated before the retained prints’ expiration date, a new screening must be initiated in the Clearinghouse, and the employee must be fingerprinted again.
Employers will receive notification of upcoming expiring retained prints for those employees listed on the Employee/Contractor Roster. Instructions on how to add or edit employment history can be found here.
The benefits of initiating Clearinghouse Renewals are as follows:
- Request and pay for the renewal of a screening in one system while also receiving cost savings.
- The current cost for a Clearinghouse Renewal is $42. That’s a cost-saving of more than $30 with the average cost for a new screening being $75!
- Faster processing time since the request is immediately sent to the Clearinghouse. No need to wait for the employee to be fingerprinted at a Livescan Service Provider.
- An updated criminal history to ensure compliance with background screening requirements.
- Extend the retained prints expiration by another five years.