JOB TITLE: CHILD CARE REFERRAL SPECIALIST
LOCATION: OSCEOLA COUNTY
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Work involving consultation and resource and referral services to families with young children.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides consultation, customized referrals, follow-up and updating of designated families and child care providers.
- Arranges resources and provides referrals to child care options and subsidy programs for families with young children.
- Maintains paper work and other reports to document service provisions.
- Represents 4C to the public or other agencies as requested.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to gain knowledge of child care options and the geographic area in which clients are served.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to communicate with people within and outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, providers, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Ability to communicate using speaking, listening and writing skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years experience in a child care or related service setting preferred.
- Experience in customer service and counseling/helping field preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Level I and a Level II certification with the Agency for Workforce Innovation- Office of Early Learning (AWI/OEL) within the time indicated upon obtaining position.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreat
SALARY RANGE: $11.66
PAY GRADE: 5
RESUMES: Apply Online or email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability